Sunday, August 13, 2006

Street Fighter Alpha Anthology (PS2)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yuuki here this is a bit of a late post due to the fact that I have had a bit of an internet crisis. No problem though I have returned to make my review of SFAA which is a uselessly long name.

Gameplay: This basically just a collection of all the other SFAs and the new little Gem Fighter. This is the only thing I really feel needs attention. The rest are just old games so you know about them. Gem Fighter is a cute chibi (kid mode) looking game. It has a bunch of random characters from other Capcom games. The cute little game involves gathering gems and beating them out of your opponent to use specials and murder them. 3/5

Story:
Hurray SFA it really doesn't have a story...no seriously there really is no story if there was it was so useless I missed it. Gem Fighter also has no story but it makes up for that by being cute and random. 1/5

Audio:
Well they seem to have added some new music but this isn't anything special. There's really nothing you can say. It's just another case of people stacking a bunch of old games onto a disk. 2/5

Graphics:
This is like the audio all they really did was brush up the graphics so you can actually tell whose who. Gem fighter is technically another rehash but I don't think it ever even came over. Though it too is nothing special. 2/6

Replay:
This is the games saving point. Thankfully for all the games being crammed into one it does provde a good amount of playtime and much more if you have a couple friends to play with. You can take time going through all your favorite SFAs with your favorite characters. 3/5

Overall:
Ok this is just a marketing scam "let's jam a bunch of games on one disk and see how it sells" that angers me. Luckily the game is good for stress relief. It's only real purpose is playing with friends and reliving the old arcade days and killing stress. That's it nothing else is really all that appealing. 2/5

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a question, what exactly did you think you were getting? I mean if the term 'Anthology' doesn't spell out that this is a 'compiliation of older games' then yeah something doesn't seem right.

It's not really a marketing scam if you think about it. I had my old Genesis die on me but I still wanted to play my Sonic and Thunder Force games. Well, Sonic Mega Collection answered my prayers and sadly there hasn't been a Thunder Force collection.

I'll tell you what's a marketing scam, Nintendo going around selling old NES games on the GBA for $20 and then turning around and offering the same games for download via the Wii...for a price. THAT, my friend, is a marketing scam.

I see the original Metroid for $20 via GBA. This makes no sense as I can buy Metroid Zero Mission (which is a REMAKE of the original game) and the original game ITSELF is right there on the cart for FREE. It even has a save slot feature and everything. So, I get TWO games for $20 instead of one. What's wrong with this picture?

8/17/2006 2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home