Monday, December 08, 2008

Mini Reviews

Alright stupid holidays have been causing me to work more so I went MIA...again >.> here are a handful of things I picked up and played in that time.

Kirby Super Star Ultra (DS) A remake of the SNES the did a good job in the cross over, not changing to much and simply expanding on the games already awesome features like co-op play and and generally entertaining story. THe game got some new stories added to it and few new minigames that unlike the SNES version are actually fun. Truly a good game made better. 4/5

Sonic Chronicles, The Dark Brotherhood (DS)
This game sat on my desk for over a month unopened but I finally cracked it open and played it for awhile. Its was surprising entertaining the combat isn't to stylus heavy but it has some nice quirks. The story is pretty light hearted like most sonic games and the characters have some good interactions. A definate plus for the game was it was actually very simple and fun nothing deep or complicated so a great pick up and play at your leisure game. The drw back is its not for someone looking for a great long breathed game. 3/5

My Japanese Coach (DS) My DS saw alot of action >.> anyway I've been apprehensive of the coach games cause well I don't care about learning french or spanish but now I have japanese. The game does a good job or making you think with out...thinking about it if that makes sense. The games are design to make you start thinkin in japanese as you learn it which allows you to begin retaining information better. BUt its not for everyone the game let's you move on when you've mastered the ords from the current lesson but if you're good at the minigames you can spam thru and not learn anything. It relies on you the player to want to learn. 4/5

Okay in closing, Kirby was great but short lived as its not as fun without a second person. SOnic was good but it tried to hard to be a real rpg and not just a silly casual one. and My Japanese coached really do rely on the player to do things outside the game to help learn and is only good if you really want to learn. All good games but nothing too awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home