Monday, May 19, 2008

Mini-reviews

I'm still not ready to jump back into this weekly review thing. Maybe it's laziness, maybe it's that there is drama going on right now, maybe it's because I want to piss off the 5 readers we have. Whatever the reason, I'm going to give you brief reviews again for the games that I have been playing. Maybe I'll poke Yuuki and make him do the same. So here it goes.


Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis: You're Vayne, a young alchemist with no memories who is going to his first day at alchemy school. And his second and his third. I imagine you'll keep going until you graduate. Typical light hearted NIS story. If you've played the Atelier Iris games, you should know what to expect, especially 3. New twist is that you don't level up by killing monsters, you earn AP, which can me used to purchase stat boosts. However, these stat boosts are not available until you're synthesized certain items. I highly recommend if you like NIS games, especially the Atelier games.


Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology: PSP title that lets you create a character. You run around doing missions with characters from various Tales games. The game is entirely mission based, meaning you take a mission, go to a dungeon, kill, maim, slaughter, rinse, and repeat. This happens to appeal to me, plus with the Tales fan service thrown in, I'm in heaven. It's certainly not going to make you think, but if you've played the Tales games, you'll enjoy the dialogue and random conversations that occur. Oh yeah, there's some crafting thrown in too. Simple and fun.


Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Besides the game seeming to go out of its way to not explain things to you, it's a good game. if you like the Monster Hunters, I recommend. Of course, expect to be yelling at your PSP, your cat, and your apartment because clearly it's all their fault that you couldn't avoid Kut-Ku's attack in time.


Baroque: I played this briefly to do a review, and never played enough for a review. Also, never got around to doing a true review. You're a guy who keeps going into a tower and killing things. In game tutorials suck, and you have an energy bar that depletes unless you kill things fast enough an suck out their insides (not literally). It seems like a game that once you get past the first hour or so, it really picks up and becomes great, but who wants to wait that long?




So there you go, some mini-reviews. I realize I didn't put what system they're on...so: PS2, PSP, PSP, PS2/WII.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home